Mac App Store Launch Date is January 6

Apple [AAPL] has announced that the Mac App Store will be launching on January 6. The launch will see the app store arrive in 90 countries around the globe and will offer a mixture of paid and free applications.

“The App Store revolutionized mobile apps,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We hope to do the same for PC apps with the Mac App Store by making finding and buying PC apps easy and fun. We can’t wait to get started on January 6.”

For developers, the Mac App Store will work just like the iOS App Store in that developers will take a 70% share of revenues earned from apps sold. Apple will keep the remaining 30% as a fee.

The January 6 launch keeps Apple within two weeks of the 90 day window it had set to launch the service when it was first announced in October.

Via: MacRumors and Coated

Speak Your Mind